Lactic acid is an Alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) produced by the fermentation of certain foodstuffs such as milk. It is one of the most skin-sensitive AHAs which enables it be used on dry and/or moderately sensitive skins.
In low concentrations it has hydrating properties. In higher concentrations it is a powerful exfoliator which dissolves the lipids that attach to dead cells and facilitates their release, thereby stimulating the cell renewal cycle. It is indicated for the treatment of sun produced skin blemishes and for skin tone and texture improvement. It also has important skin moisturising properties.
With a pKa of 3.83, it is an acid that dissolves quickly above pH 3 levels. At a physiological pH value of the skin it will be 97.7% dissociated. Traditionally, in order to be effective, it is formulated in very acidic mediums increasing the dosage in line with any increase in the pH in the formula. This for the purpose of ensuring sufficient acid active ingredient in the skin i.e. NOT dissociated. It should be noted that a greater concentration does not automatically mean greater efficiency as much depends on the pH level of the formulation.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Accelerates the renewal of the stratum corneum
- Improves the general appearance of the skin
- Adjuvant treatment for dyschromias
- Improves the appearance of fine expression lines
- Activates skin hydration
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION CDS
- Maintains the Lactic acid at a low pH level until the point of delivery
- Facilitates formulations at any pH level without the encapsulated acid dissociating
- A smaller dose of acid is required to obtain the same amount of non-dissociated acid in the stratum corneum
- Selective delivery of the active ingredient in the stratum corneum to ensure a higher concentration at that level and the avoidance of skin penetration, thereby reducing irritation
- Greater tolerance compared to free acids
- Gradual delivery to ensure a more sustainable renewal action
- Lactic Acid encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal CDS system
- + 260% delivery in the stratum corneum compared to active ingredients without encapsulation
- White coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with increased hydration action and restorative
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605