Mandelic acid is an Alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) derived from almonds. It has twice the molecular weight of glycolic acid and consequently is less skin penetrative and causes less irritation. It is apt for use on moderately sensitive skins.
Its smooth exfoliating effect progressively stimulates the cell renewal cycle. It is indicated as an adjuvant treatment for dyschromias (including pregnancy melasma – “mask”) and for skin texture and luminosity improvement. It also helps the skin to self-generate collagen and elastin.
With a pKa of 3.51, it is an acid that dissociates quickly above pH 2.5 levels. At a physiological pH value of the skin it will be 99.2% dissociated. It is one of the more quickly dissociating AHAs which means for it to be effective the pH levels must be kept very low. If the pH level is incorrect, any increase in the dosage will result in its almost complete dissociation. It should be noted that a greater concentration does not automatically mean greater efficiency as much depends on the pH level of the formulation.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Accelerates the renewal of the stratum corneum
- Improves the general appearance of the skin
- Adjuvant treatment for dyschromias
- Adjuvant treatment for anti-aging
- High moisturising capacity
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION CDS
- Maintains the Mandelic acid at a low pH level until the point of delivery
- Facilitates formulations at any pH level without the encapsulated acid dissociating
- A smaller dose of acid is required to obtain the same amount of non-dissociated acid in the stratum corneum
- Selective delivery of the active ingredient in the stratum corneum to ensure a higher concentration at that level
- Gradual delivery to ensure a more sustainable skin renewal action
- Lactic Acid encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal CDS system
- + 260% delivery in the stratum corneum compared to active ingredients without encapsulation
- White coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with increased hydration action and restorative
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605