Diosmin is a flavonoid which is naturally found primarily in the rind of certain citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons
Diosmin is considered to be the best flavonoid in terms of phlebotonic properties, capable of strengthening the capillaries, reducing their permeability and preventing their breakage. For this reason, its anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous properties are utilised cosmetically in products designed for tired legs. It is also used as a treatment for capillary fragility, skin irritations and couperosis as well as in cosmetics designed for soothing, sun care or post intervention and in the general care of sensitive and reactive skins.
As with other flavonoids, Diosmin is a powerful antioxidant which neutralises cell deterioration produced by contamination generated free radicals, ultraviolet light or infra-red radiation which accelerate premature aging of the skin.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Powerful antioxidant action
- Strengthens capillaries and prevents their breakage
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous
- Soothing and anti-irritant effect
- Prevents premature aging of the skin
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the Diosmin against degradation
- Maximum delivery of the active ingredient to the deep skin levels
- Gradual delivery for longer lasting effect
- Increases the bioavailability of the active ingredient
- Avoids colour changes in the cosmetic product
- Diosmin encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 205% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- Pale brown coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
Our Vegan products are 100% Vegan-Friendly and free from animal origin ingredients, without altering the efficiency of the systems.
A recent study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, carried out on human skin explants showed that the topical application of Diosmin generated a significant vasoconstriction, reducing by up to 49% the proportion of dilated capillaries. In addition, it revealed an important anti-inflammatory capacity as demonstrated by a 36% reduction in IL-8. Diosmin’s antioxidant capacity was also measured revealing a reduction of 45% in the production of hydrogen peroxide as well as a 36% reduction in the formation of the cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer.
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605