Ellagic Acid is a polyphenol extracted primarily from the pomegranate skin although it can be sometimes found in most berries: strawberry, raspberry, cranberry etc. The function of the ellagic acid in these fruits is to protect them from ultra violet radiation and microorganisms.
It has a strong antioxidant action which neutralises the cell deterioration caused by free radicals which are in turn generated by contamination, tobacco smoke, ultra violet light or infrared radiation, all of which accelerate skin aging.
Its most significant property however, is that it has a large illuminating and homogenising effect on skin tone owing to its inhibitory action against melanogenesis. This is particularly indicated for yellowing skin and for people who smoke.
It is also protects collagen and elastin against enzymatic degradation thereby providing a considerable anti-premature aging effect.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Neutralises and restricts the formation of free radicals
- Illuminating and unifying effect on skin tone
- Avoids the appearance of melanic blemishes
- Protects collagen and elastin against enzymatic degradation
- Prevents premature aging
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the Ellagic Acid against oxidation
- Maximum delivery of the active ingredient to the deep skin levels
- Gradual delivery for longer lasting effect
- Increases the bioavailability of the active ingredient
- Avoids colour changes in the cosmetic product
- Ellagic Acid encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 206% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- Green coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
Various studies have revealed the excellent antioxidant properties of Ellagic Acid, including at very low concentration levels.
Tests on its capacity to inhibit radiation induced lipid peroxidation and eliminate ROS and RNS such as the radicals; hydroxyl, peroxyl, NO2 and peroxynitrite revealed constant speeds comparable to Vitamin C or Vitamin E.
The effect of the concentration level of ellagic acid on radiation induced lipid peroxidation is estimated in terms of the TBARS production where the microsomes with N20 showed a dosage of 296 Gy
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605