Ferulic Acid is a phenolic acid with a low molecular weight, of vegetable origin and present in the cell walls of certain fruits such as blackberries, apples, olives, oranges, pineapples… its function in plants is to provide structure rigidity as well as resistance against degradation.
It is a powerful antioxidant which neutralises cell deterioration produced by contamination generated free radicals, ultraviolet light or infra-red radiation which accelerates premature aging of the skin.
Furthermore, Ferulic Acid improves the production of collagen and elastin fibres and for this reason it is used in the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles.
Recent studies have also shown that ferulic acid is capable of slowing the action of UVA and UVB rays individually and synergistically with other sunscreen products. For this reason it is often used as a booster sunscreen in solar formulations. In so doing it prevents the appearance of blemishes and photo aging.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Strong antioxidant action
- Provides biological light protection
- Strengthens the SPF of other sunscreens
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- Reduces the formation of wrinkles and blemishes
- Prevents premature skin aging
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the Ferulic acid against oxidation
- Maximum delivery of the active ingredient to the deep skin levels
- Gradual delivery for longer lasting effect
- Increases the bioavailability of the active ingredient
- Avoids brown colouration of the cosmetic product
- Ferulic Acid encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 472% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- White coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
It is known that the matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and 9 are overexpressed in skin tissue radiated with ultraviolet light and contribute to the acceleration of photo-aging. A recent study immunohistochemically analysed the suppressive effect of ferulic acid (FA) on UV radiation induced MMP2 and 9 activities and detected a stunting of the reactions of MMP-2 and 9 proteins. The histological analyses also showed that the ferulic acid mitigated the degradation of the collagen fibres, the accumulation of abnormal elastic fibres and the UV induced epidermal hyperplasia thereby demonstrating the functional and physiological effects of ferulic acid on skin tissue radiated with ultraviolet light.
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605