Vitamin K1 Oxide (Phytonadione Epoxyde) is used for cosmetic purposes and is a derivative of Vitamin K1 which is typically found in dark green leaved vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, cabbages etc.
It has a fundamental role in the synthesis of prothrombin (factor II) and clotting factors VII, IX and X. In addition it blocks the formation of hemosiderin and avoids blood extravasation giving it a high decongestive capacity as well as a high capacity to reduce erythema and facial irritations. For these reasons it is also used in products which treat sore skin, couperosis and general skin irritations.
Owing to its effect on build ups of hemosiderin, it reduces the violet pigmentation found in under-eye circles and hematomas.
It has also demonstrated a moderate anti-aging effect with prolonged treatments, being capable of increasing the moisturisation, elasticity and texture of the skin.
DDS K1 Oxide
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Reduces the violet colouration of the under-eye circles
- Accelerates the reabsorption of hematomas
- Reduces skin irritations
- Increases moisturisation and elasticity
- Purifies the skin texture
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the Vitamin K1 Oxide against degradation
- Transports the active ingredient to the deep skin levels
- Gradual delivery for longer lasting effect
- Increases the bioavailability of the active ingredient
- Vitamin K1 Oxide encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 271% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- White coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical & Experimental Dermatology Research evaluated the efficiency of Vitamin K derivatives, including Phytonadione Epoxyde (K1 Oxide), via advanced photographic techniques using polarised and crossed ultra violet light and RBX® which can evaluate the amount of melanin and haemoglobin content in the skin. The haemoglobin serves as a measure of the volume of skin soreness, erythema, vascular lesions and telangiectasia.
The subjective evaluation revealed a favourable evolution in the reduction of skin soreness, the presence of dilated capillaries and the sensation of tension and irritation in the skin. A significant number of participants observed that the bags and dark circles under the eyes became less visible.
Patients before and after 4 weeks of applying cream with Epoxy MQ twice daily.
Reduced amount of redness seen from both the right and left profiles.
Crossed polarisation RBX® images
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605