Kojic Acid is a natural active ingredient derived from the fermentation of Japanese sake which is produced from rice wine. Scientists observed that workers involved in the production of sake had very white hands and concluded that the said whitening was due to the bleaching action of the koji fungus.
Kojic Acid acts on melanocytes by blocking the transformation of L-tyrosine which is an amino acid precursor to melanin. For this reason, it is used as an anti-pigment, tone homogeniser and whitener.
It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties and works as an antioxidant in the prevention of premature aging.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Represses melanogenesis
- Reduces blemishes of varying aetiologies
- Moderates antioxidant action
- Prevents photo-aging
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the Kojic Acid against degradation
- Delivery of the active ingredient to the basal layer where melanocytes are located
- Increases the intensity and speed of the results
- Reduced dosage required thereby minimising adverse effects
- Gradual delivery for more sustainable results
- Avoids colour changes in the formulas
- Kojic Acid encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 716% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- Pale yellow coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
An ex-vivo efficiency test on human skin explants carried out by INdermal showed that at equal concentration levels of Kojic Acid the DDS-Kojic product is much more efficient than Kojic Acid applied in free form, reducing melanin levels close to those of non-irradiated controls. This test also showed that after only five days and with just three applications, a strong depigment action could be observed.
Our Vegan products are 100% Vegan-Friendly and free from animal origin ingredients, without altering the efficiency of the systems.
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605