Resveratrol is a polyphenol which is produced primarily in the skin of the black grape although it can also be found in pomegranates, red fruits and some dried fruits.
When applied to the skin it has a strong antioxidant effect, neutralising cellular deterioration caused by free radicals generated by pollution and ultraviolet light which together accelerate skin aging. It also boosts the production of collagen, has anti-inflammatory and calming properties and a considerable illuminating effect.
Only a few years ago it was discovered that Resveratrol activates the sirtuins which are the protective enzymes against cellular aging, making this ingredient indispensable in terms of modern anti-aging treatments.
Notwithstanding, it is a photosensitive molecule which can quickly switch to its isomeric cis-resveratrol form, reverting to a biologically inactive state. Furthermore, it is easily degradable by oxidation or by the presence of other compounds. For these reasons, the encapsulation of this active ingredient in the INdermal DDS system is extremely useful in that it prevents the degradation of the molecule while it is being transported and delivered to the deep layers of the skin.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Strong antioxidant action
- Prevents premature skin aging
- Stimulates collagen production
- Anti-inflammatory and calming effect
- Prevents sun damage increasing the effect of the UV filters
- Inhibits tyrosine and melanogenesis genes
- Illuminating effect
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the Resveratrol against oxidation
- Avoids photo isomerisation induced biological inactivation of the molecule
- Maximum delivery of the active ingredient to the deep skin levels
- Gradual delivery for longer lasting effect
- Increases the bioavailability of the active ingredient
- Trans-Resveratrol encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 158% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- White coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
For the purpose of investigating the potential effects of Resveratrol on the stimulation of “longevity proteins” called sirtuins, different investigators have published case studies which have shown its capacity to activate SIRT1, SIRT3 and SIRT5 amongst others.
By way of example, the accompanying image represents the analysis of the stimulating effects of Resveratrol and the inhibition of SIRT1 by nicotinamide in a cell culture model of the ELA transfecting the VSC4.1 cells with the mutant vector hSOD1G93A. It was shown that treatment with 10 μM of resveratrol during 24 hours increased the expression of SIRT1 whilst pre-treatment with 10 μM of nicotinamide reduced this effect.
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605