Retinyl Palmitate is an ester of vitamin A and is one of the most reliable ways to provide the skin with vitamin A. On delivery to the deep skin levels, Retinyl converts to Retinol (Vitamin A) which in turn converts to Retinal (Retinaldehyde), before finally converting to Retinoic Acid being the definitive molecule that provides the benefits to the skin.
It stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin which improves skin strength and elasticity being the reason why it is considered uno de los activos antiedad más potentes.
It also accelerates the cell regeneration process, improving the general appearance and texture of the skin and minimising the pore size. or this reason, together with its ability to regulate sebum production, it is commonly found in acne treatment products. Furthermore, it represses the production of melanin thereby reducing the number and intensity of skin blemishes.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Stimulates the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid
- Acts as an antioxidant and cell regenerator
- Minimises pore size and prevents hyperkeratinisation
- Regulates the production of sebum
- Represses melanogenesis
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION DDS
- Protects the retinyl palmitate against degradation
- Maximum delivery of the active ingredient to the deep skin levels
- Multiplies efficiency without exceeding the SCCS recommended dosage
- Gradual delivery for longer lasting effect
- Increases the bioavailability of the active ingredient
- Allows the formulation of retinyl palmitate in aqueous bases
- Avoids colour changes in the cosmetic product
- Retinyl palmitate encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal DDS system
- + 1153% delivery compared to non-encapsulated active ingredient
- Pale yellow coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with high moisturising action and restorative
An ex-vivo efficiency test on human skin explants carried out by INdermal showed that at equal concentration levels of Retinyl Palmitate the DDS-RETINOL product is much more efficient than retinyl palmitate applied in free form, eventually recovering 90% of the lost collagen in only seven days of treatment.
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEMS
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605