Zinc PCA is the zinc salt of the L-PCA (pyrrolidine carboxylic acid) a doubly active complex that provides the skin and hair with the beneficial effects of the zinc and L-PCA:
– Zinc is involved not only in the synthesis of the nucleic acids, including the DNA, but also in the synthesis of proteins, cell division and in the structure and coenzymatic activation of many key molecules in the body and the skin. It also prevents the development of microbial infections thanks to its considerable antiseptic properties. It has been shown that zinc reduces sebum secretion by inhibiting the 5 α- reductase.
– When joining L-PCA to an active molecule such as zinc, it becomes a physiological vector which optimises its bioavailability and in addition acts as a signalling molecule to stimulate the epidermal differentiation and strengthen the skin barrier function.
FDS Zinc PCA
ACTIVE INGREDIENT PROPERTIES
- Anti-seborrhoea (skin and scalp)
- Mattifies the skin to reduce shininess caused by excess grease
- Mitigates bacterial growth
- Improves the appearance of acne-prone skins
- Helps to reduce body odour
- Controls and prevents dandruff
BENEFITS OF THE ENCAPSULATION FDS
- The Zinc-PCA protects against degradation caused by pH or interaction
- Delivery of the active ingredient to the interior of the hair follicle which optimises its access to the sebaceous gland
- Increases the bioavailability of the synergetic active ingredient Zinc + L-PCA
- Cationic finishing system for greater adherence and resistance to washing
- Greater efficiency and stability
- Zinc PCA encapsulated at 3% in the INdermal FDS system
- White coloured liquid
- Biomimetic nanovesicle with increased hydration and restorative effect
A comparative in vitro test with Zinc Chloride revealed that Zinc PCA is from 20% up to 65% more effective in reducing 5 α- reductase activity.
Another in vitro test revealed the proactivity of Zinc PCA from dosages of 0.1% to inhibit the growth of Propionibacterium and from 0.5% for that of Staphylococcus epidermis.
An in vitro study of two groups of 16 volunteers applying a cream containing Zinc PCA to the middle of the forehead on a daily basis over a period of 28 days duration revealed a variation of 22 µg/cm² of the level of sebum compared to that of an area treated with a placebo.
(Information provided by the manufacturer of the raw material Zinc-PCA.)
Our Vegan products are 100% Vegan-Friendly and free from animal origin ingredients, without altering the efficiency of the systems.
VeganFDS Zinc PCA
A DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR EACH COSMETIC TARGET
DEEP DELIVERY SYSTEM
CORNEUM DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
HAIR DELIVERY SYSTEM
FOLLICULAR DELIVERY SYSTEM (NEW)
NANOVEX BIOTECHNOLOGIES S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Asturias. CEEI.
33428 LLANERA, ASTURIAS. SPAIN
Tel: +34 985 980 605